This information is maintained by teachers and staff on the Islander Middle School Website. Links are provided for you below:
Athletics at IMS
Athletic Forms: Sports Eligibility Packets and Repeat Eligibility Packet with Emergency Card.
- IMS Cross Country (Fall): Schedules, Results, Forms and Facts
- Islander Track and Field (Spring): Schedules, Results, Forms and Facts
- IMS Volleyball: Currently for 7th and 8th Grade Girls. Schedules, Forms and Facts.
- IMS Gator Wrestling: Schedules, Forms and Facts
Clubs and Homework Center: See Schedule
There are many clubs to choose from and vary with student interest and teacher or parent leadership. See schedule for more detail.
- Chess Club
- Drama Club
- Destination Imagination
- Book Club
- Girls Golf Club
- Geography Club: (New) encourages students to increase their knowledge and understanding of local geography, as well as the geography and culture of countries around the world.
Natural Helpers: Natural Helpers are students identified by their classmates as being people other students’ feel they can trust and turn to for help with their problems. Natural helpers will be invited to participate on a two day retreat in the fall, where they will receive training in helping their peers as well as training in when and where to refer classmates with serious problems to trained professionals. The meetings will include some additional training as well as informal opportunities to check in with other Natural Helpers and the Program advisors. We meet Wednesdays during lunch in portable #7. This is an open club and everyone is invited.
The IMS Bee’s
- Scripps Spelling Bee is sponsored by the IMS Library. Spelling Bee usually takes place early February. All students are welcome!
- National Geographic Geography Bee: The winner of our local school Bee will have the opportunity to progress on to the State Bee. All students are welcome! Geography Bee takes place end of January.