PTA is a grassroots association working exclusively to improve the education and well-being of all children and youth at home, school, and in the community. Washington State PTA (WSPTA) membership is as diverse as Washington State is in culture, education level, and parenting style. By joining a PTA, a member automatically becomes part of the largest child-advocacy association in the state— 132,000 strong across Washington.
There is no better way to connect with other parents, hear about important decisions and changes in the school and participate in how we support enriching our children’s education at Islander Middle School. Your IMS PTSA membership provides you voting privilege at our IMS PTSA Membership meetings and voting representation for children’s advocacy at the State and Federal level. Don’t miss out, join IMS PTSA today!
2017-18 General Membership Meetings are open to all IMS PTSA members.
Time: 1:20-2:50pm unless otherwise stated. Location: IMS Commons or Library (TBA)
- Aug 31: General Membership Meeting & Welcome Coffee – 9:00-11:00am. Vote in operating budget for 2017-18 year, vote on Standing Rules.
- Feb TBD: MIHS PTSA presents “The High School Journey” 6:30-8:30pm at the Mercer Island High School – for parents of 8th graders.
- Feb 23: General Membership Meeting, 1:30-2:50pm, IMS multipurpose room – Elect Nominating Committee, PTSA updates and member social
- May 17: General Membership Meeting, 1:20-2:50pm, IMS multipurpose room – vote on the 2018-2019 slate of officers and 2018-19 PTSA Budget
2017-2018 IMS PTSA Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
Time: 1:20-2:50pm Location: IMS Commons or Library (TBA)
- Sept 14 Board Meeting
- Oct 19 Board Meeting
- Nov 16 Board Meeting
- Dec 14 Social TBD
- Jan 18 Board Meeting
- Mar 15 Board Meeting
- April 19 Board Meeting
- June 7 Board Transition Meeting