There are many events and activities that need helping hands and smart people like you to coordinate! Please visit us at the PTSA Volunteer Sign Up station at the Back 2 School event or the Welcome Coffee.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please contact the VP for that event/activity.
- Watch for volunteer solicitation via IMS PTSA Email or Newsletters.
- Fine Arts Showcase: Help with March event showcasing art, music, drama from all the MI District Schools.
- Reflections Art & Writing Contest: PTSA sponsored student art & writing contest. Open to all students. Volunteers needed to coordinate
- Spelling Bee: Volunteers help run this event.
- Geography Bee: Volunteers help run these events.
- Gators Go Green: Student recycling, composting and environmental stewardship club. Volunteers needed to support club events and activities.
- 8th Grade Events: End of year celebration for 8th Graders. Volunteers needed to coordinate.
Community Building Events:
- Welcome 6th Graders & Pizza Feed Event: volunteers needed.
- Staff Appreciation Monthly Luncheons: Volunteers needed to help organize and run luncheons and other fun events for our teachers and staff.
- Gator Treats: Organize special treats and hand out to students.
- New Family Ambassadors: Volunteers needed to help with Welcome event and mentor new IMS parents and students.
IMS PTSA Support:
- Fundraising: IMS Spiritwear, IMS Brick Sales, Island Books Night. Volunteers need to coordinate fundraisers, assist with events and activities.
- Directory: Volunteer needed for production of online IMS PTSA Directory.
- E-newsletters and email communications: Love to write or edit? Volunteers work with online newsletter platform to create weekly newsletters and emails to parents.
- PTA Advocacy: Get involved with issues and decisions at the local, State and Federal levels.
- Parent Edge: Parent Edge is our parent education lecture series and grade level peer groups. Volunteers help organize events and meetings.
Island Middle School Support:
- Library Assistance: Volunteers needed for shifts to work in library shelving books and other tasks.
- Health Screening: Volunteers assist nurses in hearing, vision and scoliosis screening.
- Copy Corps: Volunteers assist school office staff in making copies of materials needed by teachers.
- Back 2 School Event: Volunteers needed to organize and help run event.