Everything You Need to Know if You Missed IMS Back2School Day
The IMS Back2School Day is intended to help students and parents prepare for the beginning of school, however we understand that some students will miss the Back2School Day. You can follow these steps to feel prepared once school begins.
Complete these steps online:
Step 1: Log in to Skyward: http://mercerislandschools.org/faskyward
- Update family and emergency contact information (Required of all students.)
- Complete the iPad Acceptable Use Agreement (Required of all students.)
Step 2: Pay School District Fees (online or by check). These include:
- iPad insurance Fee (suggested for all students)
- Student ASB Fee (required for all students.)
- 2018 Yearbook Fee (optional, students receive yearbooks in June)
- Sports Fees (optional, for students participating in fall sports)
- Enter login and password
- Click on Student’s name
- Under “shop,” click on “Items at Student’s School”
- Select items specified, click on Buy
- When finished, follow checkout prompt and payment
Step 3: Add money to your child’s Food Services account. (optional, online or by check)
- Login to Skyward: http://mercerislandschools.org/faskywardFamily Access
- Select “Food Service” on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the option to select “Make Online Payment”.
- Follow prompts
Step 4: Join the PTA, make a suggested PTSA donation, order gator books, complete corporate match
- Go to https://imsptsa.org/
- On right side of screen, select “Make your IMS PTSA Contribution”
- Follow directed prompts
- When finished, follow checkout prompt and make payment by credit card, pay pal or send check
Step 5: Print your schedule from Skyward and bring it on the first day of school.
Student schedules are available starting at 10am on August 21st.
- Click on the Skyward Family Access link: http://mercerislandschools.org/faskyward
- If you do not know your login and/or password or if you are creating it for the first time, click on “Forgot your login or password?” link.
- Enter your email address (the one provided at the time of registration).
- Click on the submit button.
- Your personal login and password will be sent to your email address.
- If you need further assistance, please contact Mary Newcomer, (206) 230-6336.
Step 6: Attend Photo Makeup Day to have pictures taken and receive your ASB Card
ASB Card Photo makeups will be held Monday, September 11th, from 8:00am -12:00pm in the lunchroom. Students will be released from class at a designated time to have this photo taken. You may also purchase photo packages at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I retake my school picture if I don’t like the one taken on August 21st or September 11th? Photo retake day is scheduled for Tuesday, October 17th in the lunchroom.
How do I get a locker?
- If you are a 6th grade student, a locker has been assigned to you. The locker number and combination can be seen on Skyward.
- If you are a 7th or 8th grade student, lockers will be distributed during the first week of school at lunch.
How can I provide medication / forms to the nurse’s office?
Parents can drop off medication to the school nurse during the first week of classes. Contact the school nurse, Bonnie Barthelme, RN directly for any specific student needs. Her telephone number is 206-275-5961.
When can my child pick up his/her iPad?
- 7th or 8th Graders: Complete the iPad Acceptable Use Agreement on Skyward. Pick up the iPad at the Business Center on the 2nd day of school.
- 6th Graders: Complete the iPad Acceptable Use Agreement on Skyward. 6th grade iPads will be distributed at the end of the first week of school once all 6th grade students have received training
What is the student schedule on the first day, Wednesday, August 30, 2017? Note: The first day of school is an early release Wednesday.
|6th Graders and WEB leaders||7th Graders and 8th Graders (non-WEB)|
My student needs to ride the bus, but isn’t sure about the bus route or time? Main bus routes are due to be released mid-August. Check here at this link and click on Islander Middle: http://www.mercerislandschools.org/Page/105
How can a parent sign up for PTSA membership and/or sign up to volunteer at school events?
Parents can attend the PTSA Welcome coffee at IMS on Thursday, 8/31 from 9:30-10:30am, or go to https://imsptsa.org/ for more information.
How can a student make a schedule change to an elective class?
Students can pick up a schedule change request form from the Counseling Office during the first week of school.
What if I want to participate in a fall sport like Cross Country or Volleyball? Students can print off the Athletic Eligibility form from the link below. The packets should be completed by the first day of school since some sports will hold practice beginning on day one. You can find out more about our sports and download forms here: http://www.mercerislandschools.org/Page/6977