Date: Monday, August 21, 2017
*Volunteers will be needed for this event!
Event Schedule: This drop-in event is intended to help students prepare to come Back 2 School! All students should attend with a parent/guardian and can expect stations to be completed in 30-45 minutes.
- 10:30 am-12:30 pm Students with last name A-L
- 12:30-1:30 pm Campus will be closed to students and parents
- 1:30–3:30 pm Students with last name M-Z
Please attend the time slot that corresponds to student’s last name. If you need to attend the alternate session, we will do our best to accommodate you, however, please recognize it will take longer for you to complete tasks as paperwork is organized alphabetically.
Do Before Back 2 School Event
New this Year: Mercer Island School District is using RSVP, an online system for families to complete required paperwork. Forms need to be completed BEFORE the Back2School Event. Complete these steps online between August 14th-21st:
Step 1: Log in to Skyward: http://mercerislandschools.org/faskyward
- Update family and emergency contact information (Required of all students.)
- Complete the iPad Acceptable Use Agreement. Must be done by Monday, 8/21 for students to be able to pick up their iPad at the event. Available online only.
Step 2: Pay School District Fees including:
- iPad insurance Fee (suggested for all students)
- Student ASB Fee (required for all students.)
- 2018 Yearbook Fee (optional, students receive yearbooks in June)
- Sports Fees (optional, for students participating in fall sports)
- Enter login and password, click on Student’s name
- Under “shop,” click on “Items at Student’s School”, Select items, click on Buy
- When finished, follow checkout prompt and payment
Step 3: Add money to your child’s Food Services account. (optional, online or by check)
- Login to Skyward: http://mercerislandschools.org/faskyward Family Access
- Select “Food Service” on the left side of the screen.
- Select option to “Make Online Payment”.
Step 4: Join the PTA and make suggested donation, order gator books, corporate match
- Go to IMS PTSA Membership and Contribution page
- On right side of screen, select “Make your IMS PTSA Contribution”
- Follow directed prompts and make payment by credit card, PayPal or bring check to Back2School event
Come to the event on 8/21 to visit the following stations:
- Pick up Student Class Schedules
- 6th graders: Receive locker combinations and find your locker. 7th and 8th graders can request lockers during lunch the first week of school.
- Have your student ASB photo taken (Required)
- Get your required 2017-2018 ASB card
- Order school picture packets
Dorian order forms were mailed to students in early August. Can’t find yours? Get a form at the door. Check/ credit card number must accompany form. Pre-orders for picture packages may now be placed online at https://ios.mydoirian.com using your school’s access key provided here 9AG6CENY. Online pre-orders using the access key are available up to 4 days after picture day.
- Visit the nurse, Bonnie Barthelme, RN to drop off medications, doctor’s notes or forms
- 7th and 8th graders: pick up your personal iPad (Priority for pick up will be given to students who completed forms online by 8/21 at 8:30am)
- Parents: Join the PTSA/ make your PTSA donation, order gator books, corporate match.
- Order IMS Spirit Wear. Bring Check or Credit Card for payment.
- Parents: Sign up to volunteer for school activities throughout the year
- 6th graders and New Families: Buy tickets to attend the Welcome Pizza Feed. Event is for the whole family and will be held at IMS on Wednesday, September 6th (Tickets are $5 per person. No credit cards. Bring cash or check payable to IMS PTSA)
- Is your family new to Mercer Island? Sign up to attend the Welcome Event on 8/24 from 4:00-6:00pm at Mercer Island Beach Club. Learn about family mentors.
- Learn about community activities and events. Register for the ski bus
- Pick up school supplies (These are only available if you pre-ordered from HelpEduc8)
- Sign up to participate in Fall Sports including cross country, 7th/8th grade volleyball (Sports forms and sports participation fees should be completed online prior to the season starting. Find out more about our sports and download forms here: http://www.mercerislandschools.org/Page/6977
- Get transportation / bus route information. Learn about the activity bus.
- Take a tour and find your classes
Note: The first day of school is an early release Wednesday.
|6th Graders and WEB leaders||7th Graders and 8th Graders (non-WEB)|
exactly 3 hours later than normal
Questions about Back to School Day?
Contact Patty McCann in IMS office or Carolyn Pirak, event coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
If You Cannot Attend This Event
- Please view everything you need to know if you CANNOT attend IMS Back2School Day
- Picture retakes will be scheduled in September (between 8am -noon in the lunchroom)