- February 22 – General PTSA Member Meeting with guest speaker Cecelia Gregson, Strategic Advisor for the Washington State Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce
- Stay Informed: IMS PTSA Newsletters, PTSA President’s Letter and School Calendar
Please vote on the Feb 13th ballot to support the 2018 MISD Replacement Educational Levy
This four-year maintenance and operations levy will replace the previous levy that voters approved in 2014. This levy will provide critical funds to support approximately 20% of the overall operational costs of the district. This funding will support:
- 38% of the special education funding for the district.
- Elementary programs including Music, Art, PE and Spanish.
- The seven-period day at the high school.
- On-going professional development opportunities for district staff.
- Stipends for staff to offer additional opportunities for students, including after school clubs and activities at all grade levels.
- Expanded electives at MIHS and IMS.
- Small class sizes for different learners or in specific subject areas.
- Classified support in classrooms with overloads, additional special education or English language learners.
All Mercer Island School PTAs endorse this Levy. read more here
February – General PTSA Member Meeting
Help Support Student Enrichment Activities at IMS
The purpose of the IMS PTSA is to serve the needs of our members in promoting the health, welfare, safety and education of our IMS students. The Annual IMS PTSA Ask funds are used to provide enrichment activities such as field trips (Seattle Art Museum, EMP, Klondike, MOHAI), assemblies (Anti-bullying, Veterans Day), media tech, teacher grants (books for classrooms, educational games), parent education events, the WEB program, learning support as well as other student directed activities. All donations are tax deductible. Contribute Today!
Double Your Donation! Did you know that many local companies have programs through which they will “match” the charitable contributions made by their employees? When combined with your donation, these gifts can double or sometimes even triple your support to Islander Middle School PTSA! Find out if your company matches gifts.
There is no better way to connect with other parents, hear about important decisions and changes in the school and participate in how we support enriching our children’s education at Islander Middle School. Your PTSA membership also provides voting representation for children’s advocacy at the State and Federal Level and at our IMS PTSA General Membership meetings. And NEW THIS YEAR! You will receive secure access to the online IMS PTSA Directory. This is a benefit only for IMS PTSA Members. Join IMS PTSA today!
2017-18 PTA Advocacy Opportunities
Do you have questions about how our schools are funded, especially in light of the recent McCleary legislation and forecasted shifts in the city budget? Are you curious about how state and local education policies affect your child’s academic and social-emotional learning and growth? If you’d like to learn more and get involved, you’re welcome to reach out to our VPs of Advocacy, Melissa and Alison at advocacy@IMSPTSA.org.
Legacy Bricks Still Available!
Become a permanent part of IMS Gator History! This is a one time opportunity open to IMS PTSA families and staff to purchase a Legacy Brick. These bricks will pave the way to the new main entrance of Islander Middle School. All proceeds will be used to fund student enrichment programs at Islander Middle School.
The IMS PTSA mission is to support the students, parents and Islander Middle School community. This includes providing information on PTSA Membership and Fundraising, Volunteer Opportunities, Legislative Advocacy and Islander Middle School Newsletters.