Welcome to the Islander Middle School PTSA website. Our mission is to put together helpful information for IMS parents. This includes information on PTSA Membership and Fundraising, Volunteer Opportunities, Legislative Advocacy and Islander Middle School Newsletter Highlights.
New to Mercer Island and IMS? Check out our New Families Page under Get Connected!
- June 20: 8th Grade Promotion Celebration 6:30pm at MIHS
- June 21: 8th Grade Party at the Garage permission slip and more info
- June 22: IMS Carnival 10:30AM
- June 23: Last Day of School (early dismissal 10:20AM)
- Aug 8: IMS office opens
- Aug 22: Back 2 School Day (fee and photo) – Students (last name A-L) 10:00am-Noon; Students (last name M-Z) 1:00-3:00PM
- Aug 25: New Family Welcome Event, Mercer Island Beach Club, 4:00-7:00pm
- Aug 31: First Day of School
- Sept 1: PTSA Welcome Coffee at 9:30-10:30AM
- Sept 7: 6th grade Pizza Welcome Party at 5:00-6:30PM
Golden Acorn Award Honorees!
The Golden Acorn is a national PTSA Award that recognizes an IMS PTSA volunteer for their exceptional dedication and service to our IMS students. The IMS PTSA would like to congratulate our two 2015-16 Islander Middle School Golden Acorn honorees; Carolyn Pirak and Cristi Duea!
Carolyn Pirak has been an innovative and collaborative volunteer at IMS for several years and is the driving force behind continually improving and successfully organizing Back2School events for our new and returning students each Fall.
Cristi Duea‘s positive energy and enthusiasm for fundraising has benefitted IMS greatly this year. Her creativity and fundraising experience has effectively brought balance to our budget for this school year and laid a solid foundation for 2016-17.
Thank you Carolyn and Cristi for your outstanding service!
2016 Legacy Bricks!
Become a permanent part of IMS Gator History! This is a one time opportunity open to IMS PTSA families and staff to purchase a Legacy Brick. These bricks will pave the way to the new main entrance of Islander Middle School. All proceeds will be used to fund student enrichment programs at Islander Middle School.