Welcome to the Islander Middle School PTSA website. Our mission is to put together helpful information for IMS parents. This includes information on PTSA Membership and Fundraising, Volunteer Opportunities, Legislative Advocacy and Islander Middle School Newsletters.
New to Mercer Island and IMS? Check out our New Families Page under Get Connected!
- Feb 23: IMS PTSA General Membership Meeting 1:20 IMS Cafeteria
- Feb. 27: Parent Edge Presents: John O’Sullivan, “Changing the Game (Creating a High Performance Mind Set in Our Kids), MIHS PAC 7pm
- Feb. 28: IMS PTSA New Family Party Parents/Guardians Only 6:30pm Location: TBA
- March 11: IMS Eastshore Solo & Ensemble 8:00am
- March 14: IMS Incoming 7th/8th grade registration 8:30-9:45am OR 4:30-6:00pm
- March 18: Frontier Jazz – TBD
- March 21: IMS Gator for a Night 6:00-7:30pm
- April 10-14: Spring Break – no school
- April 18: IMS Eastshore Choir
- April 20: IMS Eastshore Orchestra Festival
- April 20: IMS Eastshore Band Festival at IMS 8:00am-4:00pm
- April 20-22: IMS Play 6:30-9:00pm
- April 27: IMS 8th Grade MSP Testing: Science
- April 27: IMS WEB Parent Night 6:30-7:30pm
Message from the PTSA President, Kim Comstock
As I sit down to write this month’s note there are many important political issues on my mind. Issues that will have a lasting impact on our Mercer Island community. State funding for our MI schools. McCleary and the Levy ‘Cliff’. A new federal Education Secretary. A new MISD Superintendent. I-90 Loss of Mobility. Big changes are imminent.
Funding for our children’s education on Mercer Island is now at risk. The ease with which we currently come and go from our Island is now at risk. Our easy going on-Island traffic patterns are now at risk. These are things that we think about as concerned parents and Mercer Islanders. Read More
Legacy Bricks Still Available!
Become a permanent part of IMS Gator History! This is a one time opportunity open to IMS PTSA families and staff to purchase a Legacy Brick. These bricks will pave the way to the new main entrance of Islander Middle School. All proceeds will be used to fund student enrichment programs at Islander Middle School.